The best beaches in Malaga (to see the location of each one see Map of Malaga’s best beaches. See small version below).
- Playa de la Malagueta: A town beach that has been awarded a blue flag, located 10 minutes from the centre in Paseo Pablo Picasso, 1200 metres long, busy, black sand, good facilities, life guards, accessible by bus, restaurants and beach bars.
- Playa Palo: Located next to El Candado marina (good for sailing, diving and swimming…) many little coves, quite busy, life guards, promenade, good atmosphere, facilities, restaurants, beach bars, car park.
- Playa Huellín:, A town beach, located in the promenade named after Antonio Banderas, good atmosphere, quite busy, beach bars, life guards, good facilities, accessible by bus.
- Playa Las Acacias: Very popular beach, so get there early.
Grey, fine sand, excellent facilities, 1200m long and 20m wide it is divided into sheltered sandy coves by long rocky breakwaters. Very popular with young people. Lively promenade.
Playas near Malaga. If you are looking for quieter more secluded beaches then hire a car and drive a short distance along the Costa del Sol to the following beaches:
- Playa Torrox: About 30 miles up the coast, this is a much less-crowded beach. Just 300m long. The only inconvenience is its proximity to the main road.
- Playa Benajarafe in Velez Malaga: Just a short drive away, some regard this as Malaga’s best beach. Dark, fine sand, over 4km long and 33m wide.
- Playa Almayate Bajamar in Velez Malaga. Nearly 4km long, this nudist beach gives you an idea of what the coast used to look like before tourism took over.
Plans to build a promenade however may mean that it’s time asMalaga’s only unspoilt beach is limited.
See: Guide to Malaga ## Hotels in Malaga ## Cheap hotels in Malaga
Ver mapa más grande
Thank you, those places are really good for tourist like me. I,m planning to visit Malaga on our Springbreak so I'm really excited to get to the beaches.
Car Hire Perth
To be honest, I never thought Spain would have so many great beaches. Now, I can see myself getting a nice tan under the Spanish sun.