Spanish community accounts

How do I go about seeing the community accounts and bills for the block of flats where I live?

Answer. In article 20 of the Shared Property Act it says that the Community Administrator or President must make available all documents to members of the community on request. In article 19 of the same act it says that the Secretary of the Community must keep a record of all meetings, agreements and other relevant documents covering the last 5 years. The law stipulates that the role of Secretary and Administrator can be undertaken by the same person or separately. Sometimes if the community does not pay a professional to carry out the role of Administrator or Secretary these roles are undertaken by the President of the Community.
To see bills and accounts you should contact the Community Administrator or President who by law should make this documentation available to you.
Related subjects: Application to see information, access to bills, accounts and other documentation relating to the community.